Thursday, February 24, 2011

Employment Search/Options:
Below are some websites you can use for job searches:

Below are a list of options for America Citizens and obtaining legal working status in Mexico:

Documents needed to obtain work for Mexican Citizen;

2.Seguridad y Solidaridad Social---free @ instituto Mexicano Seguro Social
3.CURP--you will receive this number on your IFE card

Finding a Place to Live

Finding a place to live is possibly one of the most exasperating part of the relocating process if you don't have someone on the ground.
Landing in a country with no where to go and no clue where to start is the worst=( I have witnessed first hand person after person being dropped off at the border with nothing and no where to go and I hate it.

I (lilly) live in a border town (TJ) mexico and I have been able to lend a helping hand to a few families to get here, and get started and it is one of the best feelings ever=)  The best advice I could offer is ask, ask, ask... no question is a dumb question!  If at all possible plan, plan, plan.... and if available save, save, save......

Mexico House Rental Searches:

p.s. if you know of any websites we can list for other countries please send Lilly or Kim the web link so we can review it and hopefully get it posted..